Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've heard the argument that people put up, "God gave me a brain, it'd be a sin not to use it." This is a rationalization for soulish behavior that justifies the belief that intellect (one third of the soul) has greater power than the spirit. This argument drives me nuts. People act in such pride and harsh ways with this belief is scares me. The same argument gives people the mentality that they can base their acceptance of God on whether they get God or not. The way this appears is that people refuse to accept certain tenets of faith based on whether it is understandable to them or not. God isn't a respecter of man. Why should he be a respecter of man's logic? Our minds are gifts from God, parts of our being which are to be used to glorify him. Using our minds to do things which defy God's laws and spirit is contrary to God's intent. This kind of ties in with my older post on the nature of love and giftedness. I really am seeing, though I think it's certainly not the main way Paul intended for this relationship to be considered, that our concepts of how gifts are meant to be used by the body of Christ differs greatly with what worldly, selfish purposes will have us do.

No comments: