Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dreams and visions


During my Streams classes I recall hearing about the difference between dreams and visions. For some reason, it came to mind again today. The one thing that came to mind, and I don't think this is textbook Streams, just a thought of my own: visions frequently show events in the past, present or future that the recipient would have had no way to actually experience themselves. The difference here is that the events, in this case, are real events. Understanding visions requires little interpretation. (Of course, that's not to say it doesn't ever require interpretation. That would be totally unbiblical.) Dreams, however, as Joel infers, are something for people advanced in spiritual maturity levels. At least that's my reading of the phrase "old men". Anyhow, I was thinking about it because I get more dreams than visions. No, this isn't to say that I have either of them often, but, dreams seem to come more than visions. I just wonder what this means? I know people who are seers more than dreamers. Just an intriguing question I got while using a razor blade to saw into my sheetrock this afternoon.

No comments: