Friday, May 23, 2008

Unimpressed with the IRS


I am not prone to political commentary, but, after getting my second notification from the IRS, I am deeply disappointed in how the Tax Stimulus was handled. Sure, I'm happy I get some money. It's much needed. But, as of 2007, the US population was 301,139,947. Of course, it's grown since then, but, working with those numbers, and the average US household size being 2.61, as of 2006, that averages out to about 115,379,290 households in the US. Assuming printing, mailing costs and overhead for the IRS to mail these notification, as a country we spent, between the two mailings, $115,379,290.04 to inform ourselves of something everyone already knew as a result of mass media. So, why did we spent $115 million dollars to do something that had already been done? That's just bad business and worse governing.

No comments: