Monday, August 24, 2009

Jewish holidays and festivals


Yet again I find myself drawn to the idea of celebrating Jewish feasts. While listening to a CD over the weekend it was pointed out that the weirdness around full moons cannot really be understood without the context of the feasts of the new moon. But, without observing those holidays, an academic understanding will only be book learning.

So, the outgrowth of this is to try and track down a reliable, fairly straightforward book on the festivals. There are a few online, but, I don't have a lot of money to put into new books about something tangential to my walk. I really want to fill out the details, but, there are lots of more fundamental things that come before an answer to a question like this.

If anyone has suggestions on a good book, let me know.

No comments: