Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dreams and things


Last week Kerri and I briefly discussed the stimulus package. She said she kept hearing the word "corruption". The fact that the president is surrounding himself with people of questionable character is disconcerting to say the least. Regardless of how smart and honorable he may be, if he nothing but bad choices are presented to him, how could he make good ones? With funds being dispersed into a wide array of funds, the ability to track and verify that funds are being used properly will be very difficult. In other words, it seems like a huge shell game.

On top of that, I had a dream last night. The gist of the dreams suggested, as I talked with Kerri, that we, as a nation, are broken. From the outside, we cannot be clearly recognized to stand for anything. From within there are major discrepancies between the leadership and administration of the government. In the dream, I wept and was rejected for the sorrow I had over the country. Tying into the previous paragraph, it would seem, based on what Kerri and I discussed, that the devaluation of the US dollar caused by the stimulus package will severely decrease the American economy. When further instability leads to collapse, it is possible that the US will be pushed to conform to a new currency, similar to the EU's eurodollar.

One specific note I found interesting was the fact that, within the stimulus package, there are plans to cover mortgages. Yet, not mentioned, at least within the media, is the fact that seven years from now, these mortgages will need to be repaid. So, just looking at this from a long range plan: if people are unaware of this they will gladly support it and probably remain ignorant of the conditions of this scenario. In short, they'll most likely continue to live as they are now. In 5 to 6 years, the media will begin to discuss the situation and mass awareness will rise. This will precipitate another mortgage industry crisis. Only this time, the government (not free trade) will be in control. And, the party that will have the solution will be the democrats. All this is to say, I see one more instance of a crisis-generating solution being created with this plan. It's not meant to help, but, to control. I really don't think people are taking the crisis with a long term perspective. What good is a free market economy if it is never allowed to succeed and fail?

Lastly, in John Paul's the Perfect Storm, he laid out the observation that social security was designed to work prior to Roe v. Wade. When abortion became a legal option, it eroded the effectiveness of the original plan. So, we suffer from the wrong perspective when discussing the social security system. The plan would work perfectly, but, illegal laws were set in place and the long term goals were made irrelevant because the original assumptions on which the plan was made are not realities today. I think this type of observation, one in which the consequences of sin are considered as legitimate sources of all of today's problems, are the only kind that will make sense. Everything else is illusion and farce. Sadly, people work so hard to make things that are meaningless and will never do anything to solve the problem but only contribute to worsen the existing ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear what you are saying. I took your dream to be more of a call for intercession for the US as opposed to "we are broken". Myself, and several other prophetic people (I cant mention their name but you would know them) have heard from God that He is about to use President Obama but he needs our prayers. I think when Bush was President we did not pray for him the way needed to. This is a time to weep in prayer for our nation and our president. The economic condition of the US came from dishonest people on Wall Street and the banks and loan companies. I really feel that we are not over as a nation. This is a time to trust God and watch as He does great things! I am praying daily for President Obama. I continue to see a new humility in him and behind the scenes he is becoming more conservative. There is someone on the inside of the white House staff that is spirit filled and God is going to get good advisors around the President!
Blessings
Doug Addison

steele family said...

Thanks for the thoughts. Intercession has always been one of my callings. The fact that I got the dream means it kind of naturally falls into prayer bank. I think you more accurately expressed--and I too impatiently misspoke--what my dream was communicating: we need prayer. As I sat in church this morning, I had more things I wanted to add to this post, but, haven't gotten a chance to get it out there. I felt I clearly needed to put out there that we need to pray for accountability, blessing as a nation, righteous leadership, restoration of our national message (our reputation - see below), true unity, revelation of corruption. I'm sure there are other things, but, I jotted down a little list.

I tend not to put specific details of the dreams to keep people from getting sidetracked, but, the church had a large sign with its name. Several letters were missing from the sign. Could be a word play...broken sign, i.e., sign of brokenness. It could very well be (and I think this is closer to what it probably meant) that our country is not communicating a clear message to the rest of the world because it is incomplete and in need of repair at this time.

Anonymous said...

I was not trying to correct you. You have a great heart and spirit! Keep on - just want to encourage you that you are on the right track.